Saturday 25 August 2012

An Encounter With Sheikh Rasheed


   Couple of days ago, I had this interesting encounter with Sheikh Rasheed Ahmad, The Famous Politician from my own city Rawalpindi. I use to Like him a lot but then with the rise of PTI things changed dynamically and everything other than PTI was secondary to me. In all these times, I never thought about
discussing Sheikh Rasheed. But Now after August 13th, I was more inclined towards Sheikh Rasheed because his alliance with PTI is imminent atleast at his stage.



    So in this encounter, I started with welfare projects that he started in his tenure. He did ask
for suggestion and appreciated me for praising his goods projects. But my real tool was criticism,
I expressed myself openly and that with proper stats and names (Politicians as well as Journalists). And
Interestingly he spoke bluntly without hiding anything as it was an off the record conversation. I
noticed he gets hyper too quickly and seldom controls his anger. He asked my opinion regarding general
perception about his politics in young ones which i shared without any hesitation. Anyways the best part
happened at the end when he asked me to re introduce myself, educational background and political
affiliation. I did that and I was surprised when he offered me to work with his Team in coming election
campaign, With primarily focusing on Local youth and Cyber/Social Media. As its my Prof coming up and my top most priority is studies so I told him I will decide later and if I wanted, I might join you in November after I am done with my Exams.

3 comments:

  1. Hmmm...........Cool story.
    So wait, do you actually like his party and all?
    Besides, THANKYOU for following me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey...Thanks and I am not into his Party and stuff. He is a good man and I might think seriously about working with him.

      Delete
  2. I used to admire him during early MUSHI days.

    ReplyDelete